torsdag 14 augusti 2014

Pregnancy status

We'll us being back was obviously a lie… But here is an update from me at least. 

There is something about this third trimester that makes me wonder if I ever want to have more kids after this one. I should really not complain since up until this 35th week I have had a pretty smooth sailing. Yes, of course I feel different than I did before, but that was expected. I expected the worst in every stage. Let me answer some of the most common questions that I get asked.

How far are you along? This is a much more polite way to ask, instead of shouting across the room "you look like you're about to pop any minute"! First of all, what is with the "pop" word. Burst, pop, bump all these words sound so different from what it feels like. My belly is not a bump. It is huge, but still a part of me, not something that is attached. If I pop or burst I will seriously freak out. It sounds like a very easy way to deliver the baby, instead of going in to labor which is what will most likely happen. I am 35 weeks along, which means "any minute" is actually 5 more weeks. Or 8 if I am very unlucky… 

Total weight gain? 35lbs. 5 more weeks to go. I don't know if this is a lot or a little. I believe that my body will gain what it needs to gain for me and the baby to recover the best we can after this adventure. I wish I had more energy in the beginning to work out more consistently, however, this is the first time in years I have let go of a work out schedule and not writing down every single weight I have lifted. Liberating is the word I'm looking for. But I am looking forward to running, yogaing and working out with a goal again. 

Any stretch marks? Um… stupid question. Not on my belly, but my hips, butt and boobs are getting there fair share of tiger stripes. 

Are you having a lot of movement? The baby is crazy in there when I am resting. Usually in the morning after I've had my breakfast and then all night long. Every time I switch sides I wake the baby up and then we lay there together. Me, praying that the kid will end up more mellow and laid back when it finally arrives, and the baby getting the 3am work out in. 

Food cravings? Honestly, I haven't had any real cravings. I've just been indulging more than I usually would. If I want a hamburger, I'll eat a hamburger. Before I would think more economical and "what do we have in the fridge?". Now I play the pregnancy card several times a week and yes I have dessert every day. Why not?

Maternity clothes? Two dresses that my mom bought for me that I rotate. Then conveniently enough the fashion this summer has been loose pajama style pants and birkenstocks. Best timing ever.

Belly button in, or out? Still in. I think mine was pretty deep to begin with. 


1 kommentar: