lördag 10 mars 2012

Lazy Saturday

After 8 workouts in 5 days for me Saturday was the day off I was longing for all week. I decided yesterday that Saturday was going to be study free as well, so today we have really just enjoyed our selfs. We started off with a long breakfast and then headed out in a sunny, but cold, nyc. Early enough so that the streets and shops were empty, but late enough so the sun warmed us up. We have been walking around drooling at cameras we want to buy and then bought some saturday candy.


Yesterday we started to watch Jamie's Food Revolution and it's really interesting. I watched two episodes when it aired in Sweden about 2 years ago and have been curios about it ever since. So now we have watched the four first episodes on Hulu (you can find the show here) and both Seb and I are truly upset and at the same time amazed about what goes on in this country. I have had tears in my eyes and smiled listening to all the great people opening up their hearts to Jamie. Did you know that french fries count as vegetables according to USDA (U.S Department of Agriculture)? Hopefully that has changed since this show aired here. The kids at a elementary school got pizza for breakfast and then chicken nuggets for lunch and off course their daily calcium with chocolate milk on the side. When Jamie showed them a tomato and a potato the 6 year olds at the school had now idea of what it was, but when he showed them ketchup and fries they all knew. I think what Jamie did for that community is great. And it is amazing how so many people join him and help out, and that some are in so much denial of what is going on in from of their eyes. I wish more people where that passionate about what real food is and what it stands for. It's not about LCHF, paelo, south beach or any fancy dieting thing. It's about real food that our planet gives us and knowing what you can do with it. And what I really like with Jamie is that he is a smart and honest guy, he says that fries are delicious and you can have them every now and then, just not every day. That is smart to me, not obsessing over what your eating more enjoying the possibilities you have to eat healthy meals as often as you choose to.  I'm so glad that I found the show and I'm and really eager to continue watching it to see how it all will "end", the fight will never end but the show will unfortunately do so. And I will definitely start celebrating Food Revolution day on May 19th!


(By the way. Laying in bed eating candy and watching this show may be cozy, but right now all I want to eat is a nice fresh salad with colorful veggies...)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar