torsdag 18 juli 2013

People say my brother and I look alike

William spent a few days with us in the city and did not guest blog. So now he is banned from our bed sofa until he makes up for it. But anyway, it was wonderful to have him here! On Saturday evening after work, Brooklyn Hip Hop festival and fancy sushi we decided to walk home. Well not all the way home, just over the bridge and then we took the subway. This was actually my first time walking over the Brooklyn bridge and I must say I was a little disappointed. To be fair I was tired and a little grumpy taking in all out on my husband and my dear brother. It is interesting how I can act like a complete teenager around them but act civilized among other people when I am tired or hungry. The reason I was  a little disappointed was that I thought it would be more "wow" than it was. I constantly fall in love with the skyline of manhattan and look out over the lights and realize how small I am compared to this city and think about all the people who share this space with me. Walking over the bridge I saw that same view but it was to crowded and to much construction to absorb the peacefulness of a great view. Or maybe I'm just spoiled and forget how fortunate I am to be living here.




1 kommentar:

  1. Good to hear from you and see pictures! Hope you survive the heat.

    SvaraRadera