torsdag 2 februari 2012

Thursday afternoon.

We don't have internet in our apartment yet. There is coming some guys tomorrow to set it up with Wi Fi and stuff.


The sewing class last night was interesting... I came in to a room with a teacher just taking out into the air saying things like; 'Take you paper and fix the patterns! 1 bodies 4 pieces and 1 skirt with 3! Sign in on the list!' She was just calling out these random (in my ear) things and I just freaked out and started doing what the girl next to me was doing. I'm glad that I'm always way early because I saw the fright in the students eyes that came in after me. Let me point out that I was there 20 minutes before class was supposed to start. When I traced the pattern and had cut out the pieces I calmed down feeling in control again and started to talk to the girl next to me. In the middle of the chaos I had started to think that this might not be a beginners class, because I felt so lost and so many people looked like they knew what they were doing. But to my relief I was not the only beginner. The rest of the lesson we practiced spooling a bobbin, threading the machine and sewing strait lines on a lined paper. I could just see the look on moms and grandmas faces if they saw me then! All sweaty from getting the tread through the pin and so concentrated getting the lines strait. This is probably something I've should have learned when I was 12. But I wasn't interested then, luckily I matured our something and I'm really excited to finally learn how to sew. My teacher turned out to be very funny, she is so sarcastic all of the time and I really enjoy her small tohonestbutwithalittlelove comments.


Today I had my first textile science class. I think it will be really interesting to learn everything about fibre, thread and fabric, to get really technical and hopefully a better educated consumer at the least.


Now it's time to hit the gym for the first time in three weeks! Finally!

1 kommentar:

  1. Found you! So glad you found a decent place to live. I learned the basics of sewing so long ago, but your experience reminds me of when I learned programming - the teacher's words were English but didn't seem to make any sense.
    Kram!

    SvaraRadera