tisdag 31 januari 2012

Tuesday night.

So I survived my first day at a american university. It was easy! Just presentations about our self and our goals for the class, and then we of course got the long list of supplies we need to buy. If anyone of you don't know what to get me for my next birthday I have plenty of stuff figured out now. Luckily for me the pattern making class and the sewing class have a lot of the same items.


I started off with Fashion art and design with a really nice professor who laughed at himself all the time. He has a deep laugh that sounds similar to what I have imagined Santa having. I think that class will really encourage me to draw more and help me find a way to express myself in my drawings. We are going to learn the basic proportions and helpful tools to give every drawing the same look.


My evening class in pattern making started of very slow. Our professor came in a little bit late and we hadn't bought any of the supplies yet so the only thing we did was to measure our mannequin. Is it called mannequin? The torso body shape that you fit your pattern to any way. I got J 16, a size 8, a wolf model. What ever that means.. What completely threw me of was that we measured in inches. It hadn't really occurred to me that we weren't going to work in centimeters so of course I had to do the whole thing over again. The inch system is a little bit weird I think.. It doesn't seem right having it divided by 8.


Tomorrow we are gathering all of our stuff here at the ear and try to pack it into the bags it once got here in. Moving day! Then I have classes between 3-9.20 pm. So we'll try to get all of our stuff over to the new apartment and then Seb can unpack when I'm in class.


Now a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory before bedtime.


Oh by the way it was Spring here to day. I even wore sunglasses.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar